THE WESTERN SYDNEY AEROTROPOLIS
… the new city, surrounding the under-construction Nancy-Bird Walton Airport, will include commercial, agricultural, industrial and residential development and is targeting tech-centric aerospace and defence companies as well as advanced manufacturers and agribusinesses.
The site has been divided into ten precincts, with three key precincts—the Aerotropolis Core, Northern Gateway and South Creek—identified by the government as offering the greatest growth potential.
IN NUMBERS …
• 11,200 hectares underpinned by a 20-year agreement
• Six initial precincts to be developed during the coming years
• Four additional precincts to be rezoned
• 12.2 million visitors expected annually
• 200,000 new jobs projected
• Predicted to become Australia’s third-largest economy by 2036