NSW PLANNING MINISTER ANTHONY ROBERTS & THE INTRODUCTION OF IHAPS … INDEPENDENT HEARING ASSESSMENT PANELS

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

NSW PLANNING MINISTER ANTHONY ROBERTS & THE INTRODUCTION OF IHAPS … INDEPENDENT HEARING ASSESSMENT PANELS

A REVIEW of the 15 Years of Anthony Roberts in NSW Parliament

IN REPLY to questions from the TWT Mr Roberts furnished the following …

IHAPs

Other than his maiden speech he regarded his most significant parliamentary speech to be the introduction of Independent Hearing Assessment Panels (IHAPs); to deliver openness and transparency for the planning system … cough … cough … and to break the back of corruption in some council areas

It would seem from the community perspective the People are done with the faceless bureaucrats appointed by the State Government, and their big developer mates; their corrupt and dodgy behaviour.

And with public concerns that the Planning Minister can override Councils on the membership of the planning panels, and the extent of the power of these panels …

HIS MENTOR JOHN HOWARD …

AR worked as an advisor to the PM who opened the floodgates to high immigration of 300,000 from 70,000 p.a. while scapegoating refugees

(towards the end of the 2004 – 2007 term).

-the 457 Visa was introduced after John Howard took office; unscrupolus employers have exploited Visa workers; broken the Australian Award system

-Howard warned against using climbing property prices as a reason to limit foreign investment, especially from China, and not allow any of that to spill over into hostility to Chinese investment.

Meanwhile a whole Cohort of Australians are locked out of home ownership!

https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/dont-use-rising-property-prices-as-excuse-to-curb-chinese-investment-john-howard/

The FIRB ruling of 2009 and May 2017 Budget Reg. remain in force for the 100% sell-off overseas.

With Sydney suburbs rezoned for higher density … including now the New Housing Code
of Medium-Density  … yet another avenue for developers to sell 100% of housing projects (up to 49 dwellings) to foreign buyers.

And the Greenfields Housing Code for dwellings on lots as small as 200M2 X 6M wide!

EXAMINE almost any contemporary political problem from Australia’s growing economic inequality …. the declining performance of our school students relative to the rest of the World … the fingerprints of John Winston Howard

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2017/12/23/its-all-john-howards-fault/15139476005689

MOST FORMIDABLE OPPONENT … TIME

Perhaps some would say within the 15 years AR has had more than enough time to inflict harm not only on the Lane Cove Electorate but across NSW:

-architect of the strata law changes that allow developers to bribe 75% unit owners to sell out forcing the remaining 25% to sell out

.the consequences may be dire for pensioners on limited income to find alternative accommodation

.high-rise brings additional fees of a lift levy; replacment of inflammable cladding at owner’s expense

AS PLANNING MINISTER

-rezoning Sydney suburbs for higher density; along with the prior private certification and now complying development neighbours have no say

-from January to September 2017 AR met with 53 developer groups and not one resident (appointments diary)

-the new housing code to rob residents of the market value and amenity of their properties with redevelopment of a row of 10 terraces, townhouses and manor houses (a block of 4 flats) on 600M2 lots nextdoor!!

-these medium-density dwellings can be sold 100% overseas

(FIRB ruling 2009 and May 2017 Budget Reg.)

ON CONFLICT BETWEEN SERVING LANE COVE ELECTORATE AND THE LNP

Depends where one resides within the Electorate. It would appear AR looks after the interests of those who reside in Lane Cove over those who reside in Macquarie Park and across Ryde.

Some pockets of Lane Cove have been spoilt by apartment development but restricted to 3,4/5 storeys not 12/20/30/45/60 storeys in Macquarie Park, Ryde, Meadowbank and North Ryde

THE LEGACY OF AR

All of the above and more!

How can 5 million saplings/TOPIARY replace thousands of mature trees across Beecroft and Cheltenham, Randwick and Centennial Park? And with large land clearing of Public Housing Estates for sell-off? Widespread high-rise precinct and medium density redevelopment and clearing of the tree canopy? Ditto for the Toll road network, privatisation of the heavy rail network for the MTR Metro and precinct development en route clearing the tree canopy?

CAAN FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/Community-Action-Alliance-for-NSW-744190798994541/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

WEBSITE:

https://caanhousinginequalitywithaussieslockedout.wordpress.com/